Help and support

Get independent advice

If you would like to receive free, independent, impartial and practical advice regarding your energy supply, contact the following organisations. 

Citizens Advice and Advice Direct Scotland are the official sources of free and independent energy advice and support.

If you live in England or Wales, go to

or contact the Citizens Advice consumer service on 0808 223 1133. Calls are free.

If you live in Scotland, go to

or contact Advice Direct Scotland on 0808 196 8660. Calls are free.

Some other organisations that may be able to help:

Age UK 

Disabled Living Foundation 

Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)

Action on Hearing Loss


Victim Support

Macmillan cancer support

Was this article helpful?

Still need help?