My broadband is slow
Experiencing slower broadband than usual?If the results are lower than your package speed, log into the , go to Services → Broadband for our interactive troubleshooting guide to get you back on fast speeds in no time.
You can also try the following tips below:
1. Make a call on your landline (Standard, Ultra or Ultra+ broadband only)
If you’re on our Standard, Ultra or Ultra+ broadband, you must have a working phone line. Check you can make a phone call and that there's no noise on the line. If your phone works fine, try our next step. However, if there’s a problem, your broadband issue could be related to your landline.
2. Restart your Wi-Fi router (All broadband customers)
Switch off or unplug your router for a minute and then turn it back on. If you’re using one of our routers, it should automatically reconfigure after five minutes.
Have a Full Fibre service? Disconnect the power to your Openreach modem for one minute and then restart it. It should look like this and have a BT/Openreach logo on it.
3. Test with alternative equipment (Standard, Ultra or Ultra+ broadband only)
Have a look at where your router is plugged into – do you have a standard telephone socket? If you have a pre-filtered socket, you can skip this step.
If you have a standard telephone socket, you’ll need to connect your router via a microfilter. You’ll have received one of these with your router when this was first delivered. Check our images below to check your set-up.
4. Check your set-up (All broadband customers)
Here's how your set-up should look:
If you've Standard, Ultra or Ultra+ broadband and have a pre-filtered socket...
2. If you've Standard, Ultra or Ultra+ broadband and have a standard telephone socket...
3. If you've Full Fibre broadband...
5. Need more help? (All broadband customers)
If you’ve tried all of our steps and you’re still not connected, there may be a problem with your line and you’ll need to speak to an advisor. Please