Help and support

Do I need to contact my current broadband provider when taking UW Full Fibre?

It depends on the type of service you already have. You’ll need to contact your current broadband provider to cancel your old service if you take up Full Fibre with UW and:

  • You currently have a Full Fibre service from Virgin Media

  • You currently have copper-based broadband (this includes Standard broadband or Fibre-to-the-cabinet broadband) 

If you already have Full Fibre broadband with another provider (excluding Virgin Media), then you won’t need to contact them – we’ll sort it out for you.

We recommend that you wait until your UW broadband service is active before you cancel your old broadband service. This ensures you won’t be at risk of having no broadband service in the interim.

Was this article helpful?

Still need help?