Help and support

Will I get a refund?

  • If the account is still open

If an open account has a credit balance, we’ll use this credit to offset future bills until the account is closed and relevant documents (Will or grant of probate) have been received. 

  • If the account has been closed

Once we’ve received an accurate meter reading and the relevant documents (Will or Grant of Probate), we’ll produce a final bill the following month. We’ll issue any refund to the relevant party provided we have their bank details. If we don’t have bank details, please let us know by calling 0333 005 8356. Or you can email us at

The same rule applies to refunds for all other services such as UW Cashback cards. 

Was this article helpful?

Still need help?